Car Clubs are opportunities for car enthusiasts to gather together and talk shop. Car Clubs are not run as formally as other types of clubs, but will likely collect dues and plan events and exhibits around member’s cars. As you look to get an idea for a logo to design for your Car Club, think of the theme for your particular club. Most themes encompass a make or model of a car or other designations such as classic cars, hot-rods, kit cars, or even categories like trucks or funny cars.
Of course, you will already have the theme or type of Car Club you belong to in mind, but it’s a good idea to work with leaders of your club to gather their input on the different elements needed to design a Car Club logo. Below are some items to ask about and put together before sketching out your logo design idea:
1. Type of cars associated with your club such as make, model, or body style.
2. What primary colors would be recognizable as matching your club’s character?
3. When choosing a font, decide whether the club name needs a fancy font such as a limousine car club, or something more retro such as a Volkswagen Car Club.
4. What images do you want to use with your Car Club logo? It may include a type of car, a graphic representing the area where your club is located, or a motif that separates your club from others.
5. Does your club cater to older members? Or maybe younger car enthusiasts that are into racing or hot-rods.
6. If you Car Club is a bit more elegant such as a club that caters to owners or wishful owners of Jaguars or Mercedes, then your logo may need to have a more conservative or reserved design.
This research and discovery done ahead of time will prepare you to work with a graphic designer and be able to convey the Car Club’s wished for their logo. It’s important that your logo be easily recognized and associated with your club and the design be simple enough to look clear from a distance or as a small element on a business card or letterhead. If you want to use a more decorative font for the club’s name and also have a tag line to place under it, it’s beneficial and easier to understand if the tag line is in a simple font with plain features.
Car Club logos can be colorful when representing vehicles or makes and models, so consider keeping some elements of your logo design simpler so the most important parts of the design will stand out. Choosing a color for your Car Club’s name will mean keeping it in the forefront of the design by using contrasting color or embellishments such as a border for the actual font. Be careful when choosing to border the font as thick or bright colors and make the font appear gaudy and unprofessional.
Your Car Club is unique and the right logo will bring recognition and reputation to your club.